Nothing is worse than a dye job that went wrong. Washing your hair to get only the furthest result you want can scare you the other way around. But calm down. Now take a deep breath because there is a solution: baking soda. Read on to find out how you can use baking soda to remove hair color.
How to use baking soda to remove hair color
What most people don’t know about baking soda is that it is an excellent ingredient for lightening the hair. In addition to helping remove dirt and grime, it also helps accelerate color fading. Follow the steps below to remove hair color with baking soda.
You will need to
- Anti-dandruff shampoo
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- Plastic container
- Spoon to stir
Wash your hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo. These shampoos are stronger and help eliminate hair color.
In a bowl, mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a tablespoon of the same anti-dandruff shampoo. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
Massage this mixture into the colored parts of the hair and let it act for 5 to 10 minutes.
Wash the mixture. This is where the conditioner comes in because your hair will start to dry a little at this time.
Apply conditioner to hair and leave it for about 15 minutes before rinsing.
Using the sodium bicarbonate method can speed up the fading process and help eliminate color faster. The best part is that you don’t have to fry your hair with bleach just to get rid of the color. Not to mention that it is easier in the budget. However, if you don’t want to put baking soda in your hair, read on to find other methods that can help eliminate hair color.
Other ways to remove hair dye
This is the most common method used to remove hair color and also the most severe. As it can damage your hair, it is better to opt for this method only as a last resort if you have not obtained the desired result with other methods. Whitening already discolored hair can cause serious damage. Therefore, whitening is effective when you need to remove permanent hair color.
#2. Anti-dandruff shampoo
If you still did not know, an anti-dandruff shampoo is an excellent option when you want to remove hair color. It works well in semi-permanent colors but should be washed several times before seeing results. It is important to always use a conditioner when using this method since an anti-dandruff shampoo can dry the hair.
#3. Treatment with vitamin C
This method works well in semi-permanent hair color. All you have to do is mix shampoo and effervescent tablets of vitamin C. You will need 1 or 2 tablets of 1,000 mg each. You can also use 1 or 2 grams of vitamin C powder, but the pills work better. Mix the crushed tablets with shampoo and apply on the hair, making sure to cover each strand. Let stand for another 20 minutes and then rinse.
#4. Bath salts
Yes, you can use bath salts that contain sodium bicarbonate and Epsom salts to remove unwanted hair color. It is ideal for semi-permanent hair dyes. All you have to do is a shower, add bath salts and immerse your hair in the water. Leave it as long as possible. If your hair has too much pigment, you will see the color come out. This is an easy and economical way to eliminate the color of hair that you don’t want.
#5. Color Removers
These products are readily available and are excellent for removing permanent hair color. There are two types of color removers: reducers and strippers. The first is the best because it causes minimal damage to the hair. On the other hand, strippers work like bleach and, therefore, it is better to avoid them.
When using a color reducer, make sure that the natural color of your hair is not impeded and that only the dye is removed. When using this product, follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer very carefully.
You don’t always need to do expensive treatments to remove hair color. You can eliminate unwanted hair color at home using simple methods with easy-to-obtain ingredients.
All you have to do is make sure you know your hair type and choose a method that causes the least damage to your hair. You should also remember to use a conditioner after treatment to make sure your hair is soft and supple. With these tips in mind, you can easily remove hair color.
Removing hair dye is no longer a difficult task. The next time you want to remove this color from your hair, whether it’s time to repaint or because you don’t like it, try one of these steps! They are forced to work!
Tips to remember Other ways to remove hair dye
- The first wash does not completely remove hair color. In many cases, two washes are required to ensure there is no trace of hair color. To remove semi-permanent hair color more efficiently, use water that is as hot as you can tolerate. This will make your hair a little dry, but the conditioner will help prevent it and make your hair soft and supple.
- The faster you remove hair color, the better. Experts recommend removing hair color within three days after coloring since the color was not yet defined.
- Always use a conditioner when using hair removal products. As mentioned earlier, a conditioner prevents hair from becoming dry and brittle from hot water and instead softens it. It also protects the hair from damage.
- When you remove hair color with baking powder or any other product, it is better to leave your hair untreated for a while. Using another treatment too early can damage your hair. Experts recommend waiting at least three days before using any other hair treatment.
Getting rid of unwanted hair color is no longer a big problem. When you have baking soda, you can easily do it without having to go to a salon. Forget about spending money on professional products to remove hair and use baking soda to do it easily at home.
Have you tried any of these methods to remove hair color before? How can I help you? Tell us by commenting on the comment below.
- Tanned Skin: How To Use Olive Oil To Get Tanned Skin?
- Top Lipstick Shades For Women With Dark Skin
- One Meal A Day Diet – How It Works, Health Benefits, And Safety (OMAD Diet)
- Face Masks: Top 15 Anti Aging Face Masks You Must Try At Home
- Shower Tips: 5 Best Tips To Keep Maintain Your Healthy Hair