We tend to think that we know our own bodies perfectly. We know how they work and what kinds of changes and processes take place every second of the day. But in fact, the humans body is a really complex and mysterious mechanism that sometimes confuses even the most qualified specialists: doctors and scientists.
On the CreativeSide, we found 21 surprisingly interesting facts about our bodies that deeply impressed us. Did you know all this?
Interesting Facts About Humans Body
1. A tongue print is absolutely unique; Remember this when you show it to someone!
2. A single hair can support the weight of a hanging apple. However, scientists do not specify the dimensions of the apple.
3. The number of bacteria in a person’s mouth equals the number of people living on Earth, or even more.
4. Smooth, brittle, moonless nails may indicate an overactive thyroid.
5. The speed of an incoming brain impulse is approximately 400 km / h.
6. There are not just four different blood types as we used to think, but actually 29! The rarest of them belong to the Bombay subtype, which is common to a small group of families in Japan.
7. Over the course of just one day, our blood “runs” at a distance of 19,312 kilometers.
8. The total length of all the nerves in the human body is 75 kilometers.
9. A human being takes approximately 20,000 breaths per day.
10. Almost everyone in the world has special mites on their eyelashes called Demodex.
11. A human eye can distinguish up to 10 million different colors. But our brains cannot remember them all.
12. Our ears continue to grow throughout our lives with almost incredible speed: a quarter of a millimeter a year!
13. The heart beats 35 million times a year. Yes, 35 million. One year!
14. Every day, the human body loses about a million skin cells, which is equivalent to 2 pounds a year.
15. 1 square centimeter of your skin contains around a hundred pain sensors.
16. Boys have fewer taste buds on the surface of the tongue than girls.
17. The average person consumes about 35 tons of food during his or her life.
Source: Teaching Ideas and Classroom Activities for Health Care
18. A human spends about five years of their life blinking. Fortunately, we can do many other things at the same time!
19. 100,000 chemical reactions occur every second in our brains.
Source: The Hidden Spirituallity of Men
20. The speed of your sneeze is 160 km / h.
21. Smiling activates 17 muscles of the face while crying activates 43. So smile more!