Learning something new about yourself is always interesting and fun. And understanding the psychology behind how we behave, treat others, and express ourselves can be even more engaging.
Today we have compiled a list of the most amazing facts in psychology that can help you better understand yourself and others.
Most Amazing Psychological Facts
26. Any friendship that was born in the period between the ages of 16 and 28 is more likely to be robust and long-lasting.
25. Women generally prefer men with deep husky voices because they seem more confident and non-aggressive.
24. The people who give advice the best are usually the ones with the most problems.
23. The smarter a person is, the faster he thinks and the sloppier his handwriting is.
22. Our emotions do not affect the way we communicate. In fact, the opposite is true: the way we communicate influences our mood.
21. The way a person treats restaurant staff reveals a lot about their character.
20. People who have a strong sense of guilt are better at understanding other people’s thoughts and feelings.
19. Men are not funnier than women: they just make more jokes, regardless of whether other people like their humor or not.
18. Shy people say little about themselves, but they do it in a way that makes other people feel like they know them very well.
17. Women have twice as many pain receptors on their bodies as men, but they have a much greater tolerance to pain.
16. Listening to high-frequency music makes you feel calm, relaxed, and happy.
15. If you can’t stop your flow of thought at night, get up and write them down. This will set your mind at ease so you can sleep.
14. Good morning and good night, text messages activate the part of the brain responsible for happiness.
13. Doing things that scare you will make you happier.
12. The average time a woman can keep a secret is 47 hours and 15 minutes.
11. People who try to keep everyone happy often end up feeling the loneliest.
10. The happier we are, the less we sleep.
9. When you hold the hand of a loved one, you feel less pain and worry less.
8. Smart people tend to have fewer friends than ordinary people. The smarter the person is, the more selective they become.
7. Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by more than 70%, and the marriage is more likely to last a lifetime.
6. Women who have mostly male friends are in a good mood more often.
5. People who speak two languages can unconsciously change their personalities when they switch from one language to another.
4. Being alone for a long time is as harmful to your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
3. Traveling increases brain health and also decreases a person’s risk of heart attack and depression.
2. People look more attractive when they talk about what really matters.
1. When two people talk and one of them spreads their feet slightly or repeatedly moves one foot out, this is a strong sign of disagreement and they want to leave.
Based on materials from 8FACT