Dry, flaky and cracked skin can be really painful. If you have extremely dry skin, you know what I am talking about. In fact, your skin may look dull and malnourished, not only during winters but also in summers. Many factors, such as your genes, age, and lifestyle, can lead to dry skin. But there is a solution to take care of all these factors from the inside. Food. Yes, when you eat the right foods, it can cure dry skin. Find out what foods will help hydrate and moisturize your skin and make it shiny and flawless in no time. Let’s start!
15 Best Diet For Dry Skin
#1. Water for Dry Skin
When it comes to treating dry skin, the first and most important factor is water. Water helps rehydrate cells, maintain homeostasis, prevent aging and keep all cells active and functioning. Not drinking enough water can cause loss of water in the skin, which leads to many skin problems, including dry and flaky skin. Drink at least 3 liters of water (or more if you exercise regularly) a day to help your cells maintain their volume and shape.
How to treat dry skin with water?
- If you constantly forget to drink water, put reminders on your phone or post it on every corner of your home or workstation.
- You can also add slices of fruits, herbs, and spices to your water to make it tastier.
[ Read: 6 Instant Homemade Skin Tightening Face Mask ]
#2. Avocado for Dry Skin
A single glass of mashed avocado contains 23 mg of vitamin C, 4.8 mg of vitamin E, 336 IU of vitamin A, 48.3 vitamin K, 253 mg of omega-3 fatty acids and 183 mcg of folate. All the nutrients mentioned above help repair skin tissues, rehydrate skin cells, reduce skin roughness, make it flexible and reduce wrinkles.
How to treat dry skin with avocado?
- You can consume avocado preparing avocado dressing, adding avocado to the salad, making avocado and guacamole smoothie, etc.
- You can also apply it externally. Prepare a mask by crushing a quarter of an avocado and add yogurt and honey. Keep it for 20 minutes and then wipe it with a soft cloth dampened with warm water.
[ Read: Believe It Or Not, Poop Tells About Your Health ]
#3. Banana for Dry Skin
Bananas are rich in vitamins A, B, C and D, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, copper, zinc, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, pantothenic acid, and dietary fiber. They have anti-wrinkle properties and help moisturize the skin. Dietary fiber helps eliminate toxins by rejuvenating skin cells. Eating bananas regularly can give your skin the shine and softness you need most.
Caution: If you have kidney problems or diabetes, consult your doctor or nutritionist before taking this medication.
How to treat dry skin with a banana?
- Eat at least one banana (no more than two bananas) per day. You can serve it as a snack or make banana smoothies, pancakes, muffins, cakes or add it to breakfast cereal.
- You can make a banana dressing by crushing half a banana with a teaspoon of honey and a tablespoon of yogurt. Apply to the face evenly. Let stand for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water.
[ Read: 5 Types of Tummies And How To slim Each One ]
#4. Aloe Vera for Dry Skin
This green and the fleshy plant have a multitude of health benefits. The treatment of dry skin or, in that case, any skin problem is one of them. Aloe vera gel contains lipids, water, vitamins A, C, E, B12 and choline, minerals such as zinc, copper, potassium, magnesium, selenium, chromium and calcium, amino acids, glycosides, anthraquinones, and glucomannan. Aloe Vera has antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to rehydrate, moisturize and soften the skin. It promotes the synthesis of collagen, delays skin aging and protects the skin from UV radiation.
How to treat dry skin with aloe vera?
- You can consume aloe vera juice sold in pharmacies. Do not consume aloe vera gel or homemade aloe vera juice, as it may contain fatal toxins.
- Knead the aloe vera gel and apply it on the skin. Leave it for 20 minutes and clean it with a clean, soft cloth dampened with warm water.
[ Read: 15 Best Exercise To Reduce Back Fat For Female at Home ]
#5. Coconut oil for Dry Skin
Coconut oil has been used for thousands of years to treat many skin and hair problems. In fact, its unique medium-chain fatty acids also make it a good oil for consumption to reduce weight and treat type 2 diabetes. Coconut oil contains a good amount of vitamins E and K, monounsaturated fats and proteins, polyunsaturated and saturated and protein. It also has antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It provides the skin with adequate amounts of fat, which is an integral part of the cells and moisturizes the skin, making it soft and shiny.
How to treat dry skin with coconut oil?
- Buy coconut oil at a nearby supermarket and use two or three tablespoons in your preparations. You can also prepare salad dressings with coconut oil instead of olive oil. Drink bulletproof coffee to give your body that extra dose of coconut oil.
- Apply organic coconut oil on your skin and let it act for an hour (if you are in a hurry) or overnight. Take a hot shower and wash it with a gel or mild soap.
[ Read: Ladies, Read This If You Shave Your Pubic Hair ]
#6. Fish for Dry Skin
Coldwater fish such as cod, salmon, tuna and herring can be very beneficial for your health. These fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and also maintain the recommended ratio of omega-3 – omega-6 fatty acids (1: 1). The consumption of these fish will help reduce inflammation, release toxins and block skin moisture. This makes your skin look more nourished, soft and shiny. In addition, these fish are also a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals that help maintain proactive cells, leading to better functioning, which helps delay aging and protects the skin against peeling and cracking.
How to treat dry skin with fish?
Buy Alaskan salmon, tuna, cod or herring caught at the local market. You can also buy these fish at the supermarket, but make sure they are fresh. To treat dry skin, you should eat fish with the skin because the layer of fat under the skin is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. You can bake, bake, climb or curry the fish.
You can also consume fish oil capsules. Talk to your doctor about the dose.
[ Read: Natural Home Remedies For Hair Dye Allergies Reaction ]
#7. Cucumber for Dry Skin
Cucumbers are excellent for treating dry skin. A cucumber contains 287 g of water, vitamins A, C and K, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids, and dietary fiber. The high water content of cucumber makes it one of the best foods to treat dry skin. In addition, cucumber is also a great source of silica, an important component of muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bones. This makes the skin healthy (8).
How to treat dry skin with cucumber?
- Cut the cucumbers into thin slices, sprinkle some salt and consume them. Or you can add cucumber to your salad, sandwich or detox water or make a soup and cucumber juice.
- Peel the cucumber and grate it finely. Add a teaspoon of honey and aloe vera gel and mix well. Apply this mask and leave it for 20 minutes. Clean the mask with a soft, clean cloth soaked in warm water.
[ Read: Bangs HairStyle: 25 Best Long Hair With Bangs Look For Women ]
#8. Flaxseed for Dry Skin
Flaxseed is (as I like to call it) really a little wonder. Only a tablespoon of flaxseed can help treat constipation, help with weight loss, improve cardiovascular health, protect you from cancer and, of course, treat all your skin problems. Flaxseed is rich in essential fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6), lignans, phytoestrogens, proteins, and dietary fiber. Flax seeds have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help eliminate toxins and reduce skin irritation. These small seeds help improve circulation, which is essential when you have dry skin. Your skin also receives nutrition from omega-3 fatty acids in flax seeds.
Caution: People who have heart problems and take blood thinners should consult their doctor before using flax seeds in their daily diet since flax seeds also act as anticoagulants and can interact with their medications.
How to treat dry skin with flaxseed?
- Consume ground flax seeds or flax seeds to facilitate digestion and nutrient absorption. Add flaxseed powder to your breakfast, smoothies, juices, salads, etc.
- Add a teaspoon of yogurt to a tablespoon of flaxseed powder and mix well. Apply this mask on your skin and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
[ Read: What Is Vitiligo Diet – Vitiligo Diet Plan And How Does It Help Treat Vitiligo? ]
#9. Chamomile tea for Dry Skin
Chamomile tea is full of vitamin A, folic acid and minerals such as potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, and iron. Chamomile tea has many anti-inflammatory compounds, such as alpha-bisabolol and chamazulene, which help soothe dry and itchy skin. It also has antioxidant properties that help reduce the toxic load of the body, allowing cells to function properly. The water present in chamomile tea also helps to hydrate the skin.
How to treat dry skin with chamomile tea?
- Have a cup of chamomile tea instead of coffee. You can also make chamomile iced tea or try adding lemon, ginger or honey to change the flavor.
- Tap the chamomile tea bags on the skin or make a chamomile tea bath by adding chamomile tea, honey and coconut oil to the bathwater and shower.
[ Read: Best Home Remedies To Treat And Prevent A Chafing Rash ]
#10. Olive oil for Dry Skin
The ancient Egyptians used olive oil as one of the ingredients of their cosmetics. The fatty acids present in olive oil help maintain the integrity of the outer layer of the skin and heal wounds, have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, protect the skin from damage caused by photo-injury, prevent scars and moisturize the skin. Therefore, olive oil can help nourish and soften the skin after a few applications. The best part is that it is not as sticky as coconut oil, nor does it smell strong.
How to treat dry skin with olive oil?
- Prepare your salad dressing with extra virgin olive oil and use it to cook all your meals.
- Apply olive oil topically. You can also mix two tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of milk and a spoon of honey and apply the mixture on the skin. Let stand for 30 minutes and then wash with warm water.
[ Read: Weight Gain Diet Plan: The Expert Tips And Best Diet Chart ]
#11. Nuts for Dry Skin
Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pine nuts, pistachios, cashews, hazelnuts, etc., are loaded with essential fatty acids (AGE) such as omega-3 and omega-6, protein, vitamins E and B, magnesium, selenium, copper, iron, zinc, calcium, potassium and dietary fiber. These nutrients help maintain turgidity and cellular integrity, improve circulation and hydrate cells, making the skin soft, supple and shiny.
How to treat dry skin with nuts?
- Dip the nuts overnight. Take a handful of nuts in the morning with your breakfast. You can also add nuts to your breakfast smoothie, salad, french fries, milk, etc. However, the number of nuts that should be eaten should be moderate or limited to avoid excessive fat consumption.
- Take four to six almonds overnight, peel them and use a blender to make almond paste. Add two tablespoons of milk and mix well. Apply this mask on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wipe it with a soft, clean cloth soaked in warm water.
[ Read: 5 Step To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda ]
#12. Sweet potato for Dry Skin
Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins A, B6, B3, B2 and B1, pantothenic acid, biotin, copper, potassium, phosphorus, dietary fiber, and carotenoids. Carotenoids in sweet potatoes are antioxidants and help stimulate the activity of antioxidant enzymes. Anthocyanin, another pigment found in sweet potatoes, is anti-inflammatory in nature. Therefore, by consuming sweet potatoes, it can soothe your skin and eliminate toxins. In addition, sweet potatoes have also been found to cure cracked and painful skin.
How to treat dry skin with sweet potatoes?
- Eat delicious grilled sweet potatoes, roasted and sauteed.
- Grate sweet potato and squeeze the juice. Mix a teaspoon of honey in it. Apply the mixture on the skin and let it act for 30 minutes. Wash with warm water.
[ Read: Tanned Skin: How To Use Olive Oil To Get Tanned Skin? ]
#13. Dark leafy greens for Dry Skin
Dark green leaves like kale, spinach, broccoli, kale, chard, kale, turnip greens, etc. They are rich sources of vitamins A, B, C and K, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron and folic acid and dietary fiber. They are also antioxidants and anti-inflammatory in nature. The nutrients in these foods help heal dry and itchy skin, improve circulation, eliminate toxins and soothe the skin.
How to treat dry skin with dark green leaves?
- You can make a green smoothie with spinach or kale. Consume bare green leaves. You can also fry them or eat them in salads or sandwiches.
- Buy fresh dark green leaves. If you wish, you can store them in zippered bags, but not more than three days.
[ Read: Top Lipstick Shades For Women With Dark Skin ]
#14. Eggs for Dry Skin
Eggs are loaded with vitamins A, D, and E, folic acid, choline, protein, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, and sodium. If you consume eggs to get rid of dry, flaky skin, remember to consume the yolk. Consume it in limited quantities, depending on your individual predisposition to the risk of increased cholesterol levels or heart problems. It contains fat-soluble vitamins that help improve the integrity of the skin cell membrane.
How to treat dry skin with eggs?
- Consume 1-2 boiled or poached whole eggs in the morning for breakfast. You can also eat scrambled eggs. Add eggs to your salad or sandwich for lunch.
- Apply the egg yolk to your skin. Let stand for 10 minutes and wash with warm water.
[ Read: One Meal A Day Diet – How It Works, Health Benefits, And Safety (OMAD Diet) ]
#15. Pomegranate for Dry Skin
It is practically impossible to eat a pomegranate without the seeds. And you need these seeds to treat your skin. Pomegranate seeds contain antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. They help improve skin elasticity and reduce irritation, inflammation, and itching. Pomegranates are also rich in vitamins A and C and minerals and have good water content. This helps to hydrate skin cells, reduces toxins and heals cracks formed due to dryness.
How to treat dry skin with pomegranate?
- Take half a cup of pomegranate as a snack or for breakfast. You can also add pomegranate to your salad or drink pomegranate juice.
- Apply pomegranate oil with olive oil on your skin. Let stand for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- These were the 15 foods to treat or cure dry skin. Check out the list below to find out what else you can do to protect your skin from dryness and opacity.
[ Read: Face Masks: Top 15 Anti Aging Face Masks You Must Try At Home ]
Points to remember
- Avoid drinking alcohol because it causes dehydration.
- Always carry a good moisturizer with you. Be sure not to apply a water-based moisturizer.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Take less stress.
- Sleep better
- Consult a doctor if it is necessary.
Follow these tips and include the dry skin foods listed above to moisturize and nourish the skin. I am sure you will see a visible difference in a few days. Give your skin the treatment it deserves. If you have any questions, leave a comment in the box below.