But there are also some effective ingredients for these drinks, besides lemon and ginger, that you can easily find at home.
We like to stay hydrated and find some great recipes that can improve your daily water intake.
What To Add To Water For Health Benefits
5. Water With Non-Iodized Salt
A saltwater flush is recommended to cleanse the colon and treat chronic constipation. It is also essential to know that we need salt in the correct amount and excluding it completely is not a good decision.
Sodium helps maintain proper nerve, muscle, and blood pressure levels when it dissolves in the blood.
Try a saltwater flush if you have chronic constipation or irregular bowel movements.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of non-iodized sea salt and 4 cups of warm water.
- If you want to give it more flavor, add a little lemon.
- Drink as soon as possible on an empty stomach.
4. Garlic Water
Modern science confirms the many beneficial health effects associated with consuming garlic. It can lower blood pressure, fight disease, improve cholesterol levels, and detoxify the body of heavy metals.
This is due to the sulfur compounds that you get when garlic is chopped, crushed, or chewed.
But you can get all these health benefits without eating it. You can try it with a good drink.
- Take 2 pieces of garlic and cut them into slices.
- Wait 10 minutes and then mix with 500 ml of water.
- Let it sit for at least 2 hours.
3. Water with Apple and Cinnamon
Cinnamon has many health benefits, such as lowering cholesterol and fighting diabetes.
- Cut 2 apples. Add them, along with 2 cinnamon sticks, to a pitcher of water.
- Refrigerate for an hour to allow the flavors to infuse.
2. Water with Cucumber Ice Cubes
A refreshing cucumber-flavored drink can be helpful if you want to avoid the urge to drink soda or if you want to eat junk food.
- Cut a cucumber or make cubes.
- Freeze slices or cubes in the refrigerator.
- Add them to the water when you feel hungry or thirsty.
- You can also add lemon or mint to enhance the taste.
1. Water With Black Pepper
Black pepper is an excellent ingredient if you want to detoxify your body and lose weight.
Studies claim that it has antioxidant properties that can help prevent inflammation, premature aging, and heart disease.
Also, it can improve sugar metabolism and lower cholesterol levels.
- Get the following ingredients: half a tablespoon of crushed black pepper, 1 tablespoon of grated ginger, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 lemon, and 2 glasses of water.
- Mix the pepper with the grated ginger. Now pour in the honey and mix well.
- Boil water and pour it into glasses. Add a tablespoon of the mixture to a glass of water. Add the juice of half a lemon (if you like lemon). Don’t wait until it gets cold. Drink warm.
How much water do you drink a day? What drink do you usually start the day with?