Applying liquid eyeliner can be intimidating, especially if you are just a beginner: you need to have a very firm hand and one wrong move means a disaster.
Very scary, right? However, with a little patience and practice, you can master the ability to apply liquid eyeliner with ease. This article is a step-by-step guide to becoming the wizard you should always be. If you want to learn, read on to learn how to apply quickly and easily liquid eyeliner to own eyes perfectly.
Eye Preparation Before Liquid Eyeliner
Have you ever experienced the horror of applying makeup on greasy eyelids? It is difficult and not a great sight to see. Therefore, before entering with liquid eyeliner and other eye makeup, it is important to prepare the eyelids to keep your makeup safe. Use a liquid or cream-based primer to soften the eyeliner and eye shadow and last all day.
You can try the Prime for bareMinerals Prime Time eyelids so that the eyeliner and eye shadow do not move at any time of the day, and a little helps a lot.
Professional advice: curl the eyelashes before using liquid eyeliner.
How To Apply Liquid Eyeliner Step By Step With Pictures
See how you can apply the liquid eyeliner perfectly. The correct application of your eyeliner can not only make your eyes look bigger, but it can also make your eyelashes look fuller.
What do you need
- A liquid eyeliner
All your liquid eyeliner amateurs, try the unlimited liquid eyeliner Smashbox, this liquid eyeliner has a felt tip that allows you to create a solid line along the eyelashes or the perfect movement. Its formula is super pigmented and remains all day, without fading or staining.
How To Apply Liquid Eyeliner To Upper Lid
Step 1: Hold The Brush Flat
Start by shaking the eyeliner tube well, so that the formula is pleasant and smooth. The most important thing for the perfect eyeliner application is to keep the brush flat. If you use a straight brush, it will get messy.
Step 2: Start In The Middle
Get as close as possible to the lash line and start in the middle while dragging towards the outer corners. Use the remaining product to align the inner corners.
Step 3: Create The Wing
Follow the line of the lower lashes, rising to create a wing. This step helps to ensure that your coating is the same.
Step 4: Add Some Eyelash Action
You can use fakes or apply a few layers of mascara on your eyelashes to complete the look.
Here is the final look!
How To Apply Liquid Eyeliner On Lower Lash Line
The liquid eyeliner can also work well under the eyes. With a little caution, everyone can use this aspect. If you have small eyes, the trick is to make sure that the liquid eyeliner at the bottom does not approach the waterline, as this may seem very severe and make your eyes look smaller.
What do you need
- Liquid eyeliner
- A thin brush
Step 1: Start With The Outer Corners
Use a thin brush to draw a line on the line of the lower lashes, starting at the outer corners and dragging the formula outward to find the wing. This not only helps to frame the eyes but also elongates them.
Step 2: Move Towards The Center
Continue applying color to the bottom lash line, moving to the inner corners. Place the brush as close as possible to the root of the eyelashes and wiggle when it is on the skin.
Step 3: The Inner Corners
The main aspect of making the eye look bigger is to let the eyeliner fall about two millimeters below the area of the tear duct in the eye. Extend the line in the inner corner of the top cover.
Step 4: Fill In The Color
To create a subtle version of the cat’s eye appearance, fill in the spaces with the eyeliner brush on the lower lashes, moving the brush forward and backward.
This is what you get!
Eyeliner Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Now that you have a clear idea of how to apply the liquid eyeliner perfectly, following only a few simple steps, here are some tips and tricks for the eyeliner that will be useful especially for all beginners.
- When you buy an eyeliner, look for one that is waterproof, stain-proof and transfer-resistant to prevent the eyeliner from sliding down your face at noon, especially if you use it on the bottom lash line.
- If your hands are shaking, try the following: sit down and place your elbow on a table or flat surface. Now rest your little finger on your cheek and apply the coating. This technique helps stabilize your hand and requires less clutter.
- You can draw dots or dashes and connect them slowly if you are new to the liquid eyeliner.
- Curl the eyelashes before applying the eyeliner so as not to make a total mess on the eyelid.
- To make sure your wings are level, place a dot on the outer corner of each eye before using your liquid coating to match the sides.
- If you have small eyes, do not align the entire eye. Doing so will close them and make them smaller.
- It always starts with fine lines. You can increase the thickness to match the other eye as you go.
- A small primer or concealer with a cotton swab can be a great help in correcting imperfections or errors.
- Do not throw or pull your eyes too much when drawing the eyeliner, because when you release it, it will create an irregular and strange texture. Try using your fingers to anchor the skin.
- You can also use masking tape to help create an idiot-proof cat-eye look.
- Having a space between the eyelashes and the eyeliner doesn’t seem flattering. To avoid this, use a pen-style eyeliner and try to draw the line as close as possible to the eyelashes.
- It is important to define the eyeliner to prevent it from transferring to the lid. To do this, let the eyeliner dry and then apply some translucent powder on top to secure it. This prevents breakage, transfers, and stains.
Ladies, may the wings of your eyeliner always be uniform and always sharp enough to kill! That was our opinion on the application of liquid eyeliner for beginners.
We hope you find this article useful and help you hone your skills and take them to a whole new level. Do you have any tricks to get that eyeliner that is always worth it? If you do, share it with us in the comments section below.
This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.