Many women (and frankly even some men) work hard to achieve the perfect thigh gap. That said, there is no reason to overdo it. Simple things like placing an ice pack on the area can help remove the fat.
There are even some simple exercises that only take a few minutes a day that you can do to help close give you the thigh gap of your dreams.
We share a series of exercises that can help you reduce the distance between your thigh gap in a safe and healthy way, not to mention having fun!
Wide Stance Squats
This is an exercise that will really help to target the thigh area, especially the hamstrings and back legs.
- Stand upright, keeping your legs apart and your toes slightly pointed.
- Move your butt down like you’re trying to sit up.
- Point your knees so they are in line with your feet.
- The more you point your toes, the more your thighs will feel.
- Return to the starting position, doing 30 reps total.
Pilates Leg Lifts
This exercise, which has been a Pilates staple for decades, not only helps tone your thighs, it can also help your abs and hips.
- First, lie on your side and fully extend your legs.
- Raise your leg slowly and as high as you can. As you do this, try to reach the outside of your thighs.
- Then lower your leg back to the starting position.
- As above, add weights if it becomes too easy.
By lifting your hips, you can tone your thighs, abs, and hamstrings.
- Lie on your back, keeping your legs bent and your feet hip-width apart.
- Place an object between your knees, such as a towel or pillow.
- Raise your hips to help your body lift off your knees to form a straight line. While doing this, squeeze any object between your knees as hard as you can.
- Lower your hips back to the starting position. Remember not to rest your back until you have finished exercising.
This exercise may seem simple, but you will certainly feel the power in your thighs in the end.
- Sit on the floor and keep your back straight.
- Bring the soles of your feet together and bend your knees, trying to imitate the image of a butterfly.
- Try to move your thighs up and down, moving your heels as close to your groin as possible.
- Keep moving like this ten times.
- Lower your head to toe.
- As you hold this position, you should feel your thighs stretch.
This is the perfect stretch to tighten your hips and also strengthen your glutes.
- Stand up, keeping your legs apart.
- Take your right foot and step to the right.
- Squat as low as possible while trying to stretch your left leg.
- Get up to the starting position and repeat on the left side.
Bonus: Make Sure Not To Bulk Up Your Legs.
There are always too many good things, which is why some people fear that too much work on the inner thighs will actually increase their legs. This is usually easily avoided.
Just make sure you’re not training for mass and do the exercises in moderation. Also, don’t increase your calories or protein significantly before exercising.
Do you know or do you do any exercise that helps you develop the opening of your thighs? Let us know!