Let just all agree that nothing raises his eyes like a perfectly designed dramatic eyeliner. It looks very hot and complements almost all types of looks. With the winged eyeliner as the most popular trend, he can’t leave his shaking hands and lack of competition keeps him from achieving that feat. Follow our step-by-step tutorial to create cat eyes and wings sharp enough to kill.
How To Do Winged Eyeliner For Beginners
Method 1: How To Make Winged Eyeliner With Angled Eyeliner Brush
This was specially designed to help you with your winged eyeliner problems. Honestly speaking, there is nothing easier than that. You can also slightly moisten the brush to get a super elegant result.
Step by step tutorial For Winged Eyeliner
- Dip the angled brush in your eyeliner and place it on the outer edge of the eye, creating an angle with the temples
- Place the same brush on the line you just drew upside down to create the upper curve of your wing
- Fill in the blank between the lines with the eyeliner brush and extend the coating to the inner corner, as usual.
Method 2: Free Hand Guide To Create Perfect Winged Eyeliner
Yes, you need some practice and a firm hand, but with a little patience and a suitable method, it is absolutely feasible to apply a perfect and tidy eyeliner.
Step by step tutorial
- Take a pencil eyeliner and draw an extended line on the outer edge of the eyes, forming an angle with the eyebrows. Adjust the length according to the desired wing length
- Now, place the pencil where this line ends and draw a line that flows inward with a slight curve and extend the line to the inner corner of your eye. If you find it difficult to extend the same line at once, extend it at least halfway to the upper lash line and continue to the inner corner. Try to make sure that the line gradually fades, especially if you have smaller eyes
- Now, fill in space until you see the skin between the upper and lower line that forms its wing.
- If it is fine with a smoother finish, leave it as is. But if you want your wings to be more striking and bold, use a liquid eyeliner and carefully draw the lines you created with the pencil eyeliner. Also, if you plan to include this step, you can allow your lines to be a bit rough on the edge while using the eyeliner. The liquid eyeliner will cover the rough edges to give a perfectly smooth finish.
Quick note: When applying eyeliner with your free hand, rest your elbows on a flat, firm surface. This will give you good control over the movements of your hands.
If this guide does not work, you will probably need additional help to master these killer wings. Do not worry. Its solution is in everyday items, such as a spoon, adhesive tapes or brushes specifically for this purpose.
Method 3: How To Make The Perfect Winged Eyeliner With Tape?
In addition to regularly repairing your broken paraphernalia, your scotch tape or good cellophane can also help you design a perfect winged eyeliner.
Step by step tutorial for Eyeliner With Tape
- Cut a ribbon of about 2 cm and stick it along the outer edge of the eyes at an angle that you would like your wings to be.
- Draw along the edge at an angle to the eyeliner to draw the wing using the contours of the tape as a guide.
- Finish extending the line along the line of the upper lashes.
Method 4: How To Apply Winged Eyeliner With A Spoon
Go to your kitchen and take a spoon to get the perfect winged eyeliner you’ve always wanted. The straight edge of the handle and the curve of the spoon are a perfect tool to guide pure and precise wings.
Step by step tutorial Winged Eyeliner With A Spoon
- Hold the handle of the spoon in the outer corner of your eye.
- Draw a straight line with the eyeliner following the handle line.
- Now, place the rounded part of the spoon and cover the eyelids.
- Use the rounded edge to create the curved tip of your wing.
- Fill the space between two lines with eyeliner and extend the eyeliner to the upper lash line, as you usually do.
Method 5: How To Create A Perfect Winged Eyeliner With Business Card?
Your solution for skillfully drawing winged eyeliner is probably in your bag. Just look for a business card that you no longer use and make your personal winged eyeliner stencil.
Step by step tutorial
- Take a business card and draw a line approximately to match the size of your eyes and the way you want your wings to be
- Take scissors and cut the pattern you drew
- Use clipping as a stencil for your wings
Method 6: Apply Winged Eyeliner With Swipe Card
Use your credit or debit card to design your winged eyeliner, instead of paying to buy expensive stencils and tools to get perfect wings with your eyeliner.
Step by step tutorial
- Hold the straight edge of the card in the outer corner of your eyes, making a slight oblique with your temples.
- Trace along the straight edge with eyeliner to create the wings.
- Extend the eyeliner to the inner corners of the eyes along the line of the upper eyelashes.
You can also use a pen or pencil or basically any straight object and follow the same method to obtain a straight wing. However, in these cases, the wing is likely to be sharper and less curved.
Tips While Applying Winged Eyeliner
- Be careful when choosing your type of eyeliner. The eyeliner comes mainly in three avatars: liquid, gel, and pencil. Although gel and liquid coatings provide a bolder and more striking finish, it can be a bit confusing to work, especially for beginners. On the other hand, pencils provide a smoother and more subtle finish, offer great control and are therefore recommended for beginners.
- The winged eyeliner and cat eyes are super hot in almost everyone and can be used on any occasion or even daily. However, you can play with the length and sharpness of the wings, depending on the level of drama you want. Also, discover the location and shape of the wings that complement the shape of your eye and adjust it accordingly.
- If you are a beginner, it is natural to ruin the eyeliner even with all the guidance. Do not worry if you are wrong. Dip a cotton swab in petroleum jelly and gently erase the stain with it. You can also use a clear shine for a quick solution.
- To have better control over the liquid eyeliner, throw it in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes. This will harden the applicator to facilitate control.
So now, with all these tips and tricks in your kitty, all that remains to be done is grab your eyeliner and try this ultra-glamorous look. Don’t worry if you don’t succeed on the first try. It takes a little practice and a little patience to master the art of the eyeliner like a professional. You will definitely get there until then, use these tricks and keep killing.
Tell us if you have tricks or tips for a perfect eyeliner and let us know if this article was useful.