Scientists reveal new discoveries about the human body almost every day, and some of them seem very surprising to us.
We at Creative Side have made a collection of facts that suggest that there is something really powerful in our bodies.
1. The acid in the stomach can easily dissolve a razor blade. But of course, you don’t have to prove it.
2. We can live without a stomach, 75% of the liver, one kidney, 80% of the intestine, spleen, lung, and any organ in the groin area. It will not be the happiest life, but it is possible.
3. Our epidermis regenerates every 2-4 weeks. In one year, we lost about 0.7 kg of dead skin.
4. The bones of an average person can withstand about 16,000 people who stand on them.
5. Eye color can change with age. This happens in 10 to 15% of the Caucasian population. However, if the color of your adult eyes changes dramatically, or if one eye changes from brown to green, you should see a doctor. Changes in eye color can be a warning sign of certain diseases, such as Fuch’s heterochromatic iridocyclitis, Horner syndrome, or pigmentary glaucoma.
6. The surface area of a human lung is equal to a tennis court.
7. Our hair can support the weight of 2 elephants.
8. Humans can survive longer without food than without sleep. We can live about 3 weeks without eating, but after 11 days without sleep, our body will begin to shut down.
9. Without a pinky finger, you would lose approximately 50% of the strength of your hand.
10. The strongest muscle in the body is the masseter, the jaw muscle.
11. Our small intestine is as long as 4 people’s height. It is really amazing how he finds the necessary space in our belly.
12. Our body contains 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
13. People with albinism are often considered violet or red eyes. Since these people have no pigment in the iris, the light can bounce off the back of the eye and then go out. It is the same reason that you may have red eyes in a photograph. Under normal light and eye conditions, light cannot exit the eye in this manner. This is a very rare condition.
14. The average healthy person can produce 4 liters of sweat in a single day.
15. We produce enough heat in 30 minutes to boil half a gallon of water.
16. During our lifetime, we produced enough saliva to fill 2 pools.
17. The ability to bend the tongue and fingers into strange shapes is truly genetic.